Home The Therapist Tips Links Contact Details



The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists

RCSLT is the professional body governing speech and language therapy in the UK and Ireland.  It is the licensing body with power invested by the Secretary of State.  The certificate to practice, issued by the College on behalf of the Secretary of State, and registered membership of the College, provide recognition of professional status.

It works to improve understanding of all aspects of communication impairment. It produces leaflets, runs an information service and offers individual advice to its members and the general public.  RCSLT sets professional standards in speech and language therapy.  It monitors and maintains standards through its programme of continuing professional development and continuing education.


  RCSLT logo: press to return to Home Page

Tel: 020 737 81200


The Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice

ASLTIP is recognised by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists as the organisation that supports independent speech and language therapists in the UK.  All ASLTIP members must be registered Members of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists, and must be state registered.

ASLTIP maintains an up-to-date database of independent speech and language therapists across the UK, which is available to the public via their web-site or by calling the ansa-phone service and leaving a message detailing the information requested.


Tel: 0870 241 3357




Council For  Professions Supplementary to Medicine

HPC is a new regulator and their job is to protect the health and wellbeing of people who use the services of the health professionals registered with them.  At the moment, we register members of 12 professions. We only register people who meet our standards for their professional skills, behaviour and health.



  HPC Home Page